Edelway is a Pan-European IT Services company with over 200 consultants on assignment in Europe. We are currently looking for a Senior Linux System Engineer to join the team of our global pharmaceutical client in Basel on long term basis.
* Engineer/Architect Linux environment for a global biomedical research organization
* The candidate will be accountable for the technical design, service management aspects and automation of the Linux environment to guarantee timely, efficient, accurate, and uninterrupted service to scientists
* The Linux environment includes virtual & physical servers hosting commercial & in-house developed applications and tools to manage performance, availability and capacity
* Maximize the business value of global and local initiatives, ensuring effective alignment of IT investment with business requirements
* Develop an environment which fosters a high-performance and innovative organization
* Troubleshoot technical issues, especially recurring problems impacting production applications
* 10 years of experience in Linux system engineering in a global enterprise
* In-depth scripting/automation : Bash, Perl, Python, PHP
* Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (Amazon AWS)
* Deep knowledge in configuration management (Chef)
* Fluent in English
START: ASAP/JANUARY 2016
DURATION: One year
If this sounds like the opportunity you are looking for and you have the necessary skill set, send your CV at email@example.com or call the +41 587177 049.