Edelway is a pan-european Pharma Consultancy. One of our best clients, a global, pharmaceutical company based in Basel Area is currently looking for Director, Global Pricing & Market Access.
The Director will serve as the Global Payer Lead (GPL) and represent payers’ information needs on the multi-disciplinary Product Team (PT) for one or more molecules. He/she will also lead and coordinate the cross-functional efforts within Global Value Access & Policy (GVA&P) in order to support the access planning process, including the situation analysis, creation of access strategies, identification of critical success factors, development of pricing guidance and maintenance of price policy, among other access activities as well as the execution of these plans/strategies with the regions. The individual will be responsible for pricing & access assumptions in global revenue forecasts for select products. The Director will also oversee and conduct relevant payer/pricing market research and integrate clinical, market and payer information to develop and communicate the access plan.
- Doctorate degree & 4 years of market access and/or payer experience.
- Master’s degree & 7 years of market access and/or payer experience.
- Bachelor’s degree & 9 years of market access and/or payer experience.
- Strong understanding of the payer environment in major countries, including coverage and reimbursement, pricing, health technologies assessment.
- Experience with commercial or payer assessments for pipeline programs.
- Proven decision-making/recommendation experience regarding pricing & access for pipeline and/or inline products.
- Ability to conduct situation analysis of external pricing and reimbursement environment and synthesize relevant information to develop strategic plans.
- Ability to develop and test value messages and value evidence with payers in order to determine the most compelling way in which to demonstrate and communicate product value to payers.
- Ability to translate complex situation and pricing analyses to effectively communicate impact to the business.
- Ability to conduct qualitative and quantitative pricing studies and to formulate price policy recommendations.
- Ability to formulate health policy strategy and implement these strategies to shape external pricing and reimbursement environment.
- Ability to review clinical and health economic literature, including disease state information, clinical trial design and results, and pharmacoeconomic studies, in order to understand implications for value to payers.
- Previous experience in a payer role or in international assignment and/or Business Development and/or product commercialization and/or pharmaceutical pricing desirable.
- Ability to manage in a highly fluid, interactive, matrixed environment and build.
- Strong, successful business partnerships with affiliate, regional and global colleagues.
Demonstrated ability to bring structure to vaguely defined problems, pragmatically
scope problem solving approach, and manage execution.
- Demonstrated ability to think and plan strategically, identify strategic options and trade-offs.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability in development of business strategy.
- Demonstrated success as a team leader with strong team management skills.
- Excellent oral/written communications skills and interpersonal skills.
The successful candidate will bring strong knowledge of market access in the pharma/biotech business, a deep understanding of the payer environment, and strong strategic & analytical skills for conducting appropriate analyses and decisions to support the management business.
If this sounds like your next challenge please send me your CV at “firstname.lastname@example.org“ or contact me at +34 93 018 5722.