Edelway is a pan-european Pharma Consultancy. One of our best clients, a global, pharmaceutical company based in Vaud Area is currently looking for experienced Senior Manager, Scientific Communications.
The Senior Manager, Scientific Communications, provides support to the Associate Director/Director for the development and execution of the global communications strategy and publications plan for the assigned franchise and product(s). The Senior Manager is responsible for the communication of scientific and clinical findings to external audiences. Engages with internal stakeholders that include research, medical, marketing, biostats and medical affairs, as well as external authors, investigators, publishers, and medical communications agencies. The Senior Manager drives the timely execution of the publication plan by writing, reviewing, editing, revising and placing high quality and impactful scientific and clinical abstracts, posters, oral presentations and manuscripts. Analyzes, interprets, and summarizes scientific and clinical data, and identifies appropriate publication and presentation forums for the data. Develops and maintains global slide decks. Supports and implements the medical education plan within the disease area. Conducts literature searches and interprets scientific literature, and provides assessment of competitor papers, posters and other materials.
- Support the Senior Director of Scientific Communications in the development of a comprehensive strategic publication plan and ensure implementation for the assigned franchise and product(s).
- Responsible for the planning, producing, writing, revising and placing of abstracts, posters, manuscripts from clinical trials.
- Develop high-quality scientific content by means of all necessary research, scientific writing, editing, and fact checking, to meet deadlines while working within project scope and objectives.
- Manage and track the publication plan to ensure its timely execution.
- Work with external authors, investigators and thought leaders on abstracts, posters, oral presentations, manuscripts, review articles and slide decks.
- Coordinate internal and external reviews and collate reviewers’ comments; ensure review and approval of publications in accordance with SOPs.
- Analyse, interpret, and summarize scientific and clinical data; identify appropriate publication and presentation forums for the data.
- Assist in the development, coordination and execution of medical education strategies such as symposia and CME activities, including agenda development, review of content, slide review and speaker management.
- Conduct literature searches and interpret scientific literature for internal stakeholders, including competitor assessments.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a Pharmaceutical company, preferred.
- PhD (preferred), PharmD, MD.
- Medical Communications agency experience.
- Experience in publication planning and implementation, planning and executing CME programs and symposia, and developing medical education materials.
- Ability to work with teams and/or agencies to plan and develop abstracts, posters, oral presentations, manuscripts, slide decks and content for scientific and educational programs.
- Must be skilled writer with demonstrated ability to write / review / edit / place scientific articles, abstracts, posters.
- Ability to interpret and organize highly complex scientific data, including experience reviewing clinical trial data and output from statistical analysis programs.
- Experience in working closely with KOLs and authors.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and collaborative interpersonal skills.
- Strong working knowledge of current good publication practices and guidelines (GPP2, ICMJE).
- Must have strong project management skills and ability to successfully manage assignments on time with high quality.
If this sounds like your next challenge please send us your CV at “firstname.lastname@example.org“ or contact us at +34 93 018 5722.